This year those who would like to attend the Night of Museums programmes but want to remain environmentally conscious can choose from three different eco-vehicles:
1. Electric Mini cars
Just like last year, visitors can use the electric small car service reaching small museums in the following three routes:
• Ady Memorial Museum
• Ráday Collection
• József Attila Memorial Place
Route on map
• Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives
• Electrical Engineering Museum of the Hungarian Museum of Science, Technology and Transport
• Stamp Museum
• Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Centre
• House of Hungarian Photographers – House of Mai Manó
• Ferenc Liszt Memorial Museum
• Association of Hungarian Writers
• Postal Museum
• Museum of Excise Officer and Taxation History
• Ferenc Hopp Museum of Asian Art
Route on map
• Museum Radio and Television Broadcasting History
• Police Museum
• Miksa Róth Memorial House and Collection
• Collection of Veterinary History
Route on map
Services run every 8-10 minutes between 6 and 12 pm and they stop right in front of the institutions. (For Liszt Ferenc Museum the electric car stop is at Andrássy út – Vörösmarty utca crossing and for Ferenc Hopp Asian Museum the car stop is opposite the museum, across Andrássy út.
The electric car service can only be used by those having a valid Night of Museums wristband.
2. MOL BUBI
For those who would like to visit the museums and cycle round we recommend the special offer of BKK, MOL BUBI and the Night of Museums. If you can present the leaflet that you receive along with your Night of Museums wristband, you can purchase a quarterly pass for MOL BUBI 50 % off, only Ft 3900, thus you can roam the museums on 24th June by hopping on a bike.
This year – apart from the usual transport – a new and even greener option is provided for travelling. As a new partner of the program, GreenGo shall remit the registration fee for new members between 1st and 24th June and all GreenGo users can use electric cars 50% off at the Night of Museums.
Aren’t you greengoing yet? All you have to do is to
- register on the website of GreenGo
- make a contract at GreenGo office personally (at Rumbach Sebestyén utca 15) you can do it even on day of the Night of Museums from noon till midnight, or of course any other days prior to the programme at opening hours
- download the GreenGo application, get into the first available free car and off you go to the museum you chose.